Sunday, October 15, 2006

Home sick

Time goes faster than expected 4 months away from Jordan and I'm already missing it again.
I have ten reasons to miss it and million reasons not to, but I'll stick with ten of the most beloved and yet memorable reasons to keep my heart in Jordan and my body overseas.

My family comes first, ooh I miss them, all their faces, their way of talk, their commitment & love to each other, the games of chess, cards, and console games when I was young, the serious conversations, and the silly ones. I can talk about them forever.

then my friends and their joys & dreams, drinking coffee with them, hiding cigarettes away when a parent pops up out of no where, the pool games & the silly talks about girls and sex, and more and more.

Home sweet home, where I grew up in the most beautiful place on earth Paradise city (Paradise city or 'madinet alfardos' 1 kilometer away from dabouq, Amman in the middle of no where as the cab drivers used to call it).

The old streets of Madaba and Irbid, the beautiful smells of Samad ( a small village in Irbid where my family comes from).

The people who ironically enjoy life with all the challenges they face.

The traffic jams and the old cars surrounding the scene.

The food with all the different choices & tastes.

Where time seems less valuable and more joyful than ever.

The political issues that everybody talks about.

And finally the excitement of just being there.

3 comments:

lubna said...

il ferdoos... my favourite. When I was young, mom would take us on drives to just pass by the beautiful trees and houses.

BigDaddy said...

I think it's one of the best kept secrets in Amman, hope no one finds it cuz some people tend to trash every beautiful spot of our country.

lubna said...

very true, it's one of the best secrets, and it should remain so