Monday, October 16, 2006

The rooster mug

I grabbed the cereal box and headed directly to the cash register to pay for it, $6.40 sir the cashier said, paid, took the change and rushed to the car.

After 5 minutes I was ready to start eating my regular breakfast while reading the cereal box content as usual, after all the nutrition facts crap and the some stupid information about corn flakes and minerals, something grabbed my attention, a really nice designed coupon about some free mug on the box side, brought a scissor to cut it, to claim my free gift.

finished eating after a while and got ready to leave, on my way to work I remembered the coupon so I wrote a note and stuck it on the rear view mirror not to forget about getting a stamp on my way back home.

The day went smoothly no hard work at all, at 5 I was ready to leave, headed directly to Walgreens to buy the stamps after I saw the note. I bought a whole set for $8 and a few envelopes and 2 packs of Marlboro's the sum was $15 and some change.
On the way home stopped to get a 6 pack & burgers for dinner, I can't remember how much I paid for it, but it goes around 20 bucks or so.

After all the pit stops for food, stamps and the other shit I was finally home, ate my burgers and had a couple of beers, called the guys to shoot some pool, it was almost 8 o'clock when the mug flashed my memory again, so I filled the coupon and filled the envelope with it, wrote the address and stamped it as well, it was finally ready to mail.
Knock knock knock, it was Jeff, got the envelope & the wallet, locked the door and went to play billiards with the rest of the guys, while we (me and Jeff) were in the car, he asked about the letter so I told him about it, he started laughing really loud, what's wrong man? I asked.
He said nothing but u reminds me of my Granma. I was like its really cool mug man come on.
He said ok, so I told him to stop so I can drop the envelope in the mailing box, and he did.

The night went fast, we had lots of fun, I didn't worry about draining my wallet cuz I was expecting the paycheck the day after and that doubled the fun for sure.

After a week or so, I was checking the mail and there was a letter from Kellogg's, I was waiting for this the whole week, so the excitement overcame the logic (since it was just a letter not a package), I opened the letter to check the long waited mug and I found nothing but a stupid note saying: "sorry sir the coupon you have sent isn't valid anymore, it's expiration date was due six months ago.”.

No comments: